The inn was built in 1858 for Hadji Nikoli, a famous tradesmen in Turnovo. Recently renovated to a high standard with a restaurant, cafe, wine-bar with a wine-shop, museum and an art gallery.
Han Hadji Nikoli restaurant is located on Georgi Sava Rakovski Street in the old part of Veliko Tarnovo. This area of town is known as the “Arts and Crafts Street” often referred to as Samovodksa Charshiya.
The inn was built in 1858 for Hadji Nikoli, a famous Turnovo tradesman who took an active part in the struggle for an independent Bulgarian Orthodox Church. The architect and master builder was the Bulgarian Kolyo Ficheto who created a magnificent monumental building. The Inn is also significant because of the fact that it is the only one of 70 inns built in the city that has survived throughout the years.
Recently restored and renovated to a high standard. The inn is open for visitors with a restaurant, cafe, wine-bar, a wine-shop, museum and an art gallery. The restaurant offers a wide selesition of traditional Bulgarian and international cuisine which is great to enjoy while sitting in the courtyard soaking up the summer evening sunshine. Great reviews from guests on sites such as Trip Advisor.
You can make a reservation via their website Ресторант – Хан Хаджи Николи (hanhadjinikoli.com) which is in English. The menus are also available in English.
Click the map below to get directions to the restaurant.